Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Bye Bye Gallbladder!

First, I must apologize for being AWOL for so long from my blog. 

I do have a good reason, though.  Through July and August I had some ongoing health issues which was finally diagnosed as a bad gallbladder.  UGH! 


Finally on August 29th, I had my gallbladder out.

So, now I'm gallbladder free.  I wonder if there's a special club for people sans gallbladder?  We could get matching t shirts or something, right?

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that an organ that has been with me since the womb is now gone.  It's a weird feeling.

 I'm now three weeks post op, but still dealing with one or two minor complications. I'm thinking of making a quilt to honor my gallbladder.  What are your thoughts on this?

I'm hopeful in another week or two to finally be over all of it so I can get back to my life again.

1 comment: